nausea with dermoid ovarian cyst

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone felt nausea from their cyst?  (Have a 3.5cm cyst on right ovary)  Just curious if my CONSTANT nausea is related. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Hi, ive only had nausea when i have the pain, otherwise am ok. What do your doctors say?
    • Posted

thanks for your input/a lot.  When I asked my OBGYN if it could be causing the nausea; she just said her patients don't normally c/o that.  After searching the web after leaving her office (I get really sick in between meals; unbarable nausea) I read that a symptom could be nausea/vomitting.  But since she had not heard of this; I was wandering if I should see my MD about something else.  (Since the nausea is way more of a concern to me than the cyst.) If others with dermoid cyst do feel severe nausea then I'll just wait until after cyst removal to see if it helps.  (thanks again)
    • Edited

Hi I think it cauldron be linked to cyst as I have same but on left side and I'm experiencing nausea between meals aswell. Although I've had my right ovary already removed 4years ago I didn't get sickness then but this time I have. Hope this helps abit.
  • Edited

I had terrible nausea!! It was driving me made! I heard that you get morning sickness type nausea as your body's hormones are going mad..... It went as soon as I had my surgery so it must've been related
    • Edited

Yes I agree beccy. It is like a morning sickness type thing. I had to go home from work last week as it was that bad felt awful. 😖I get it most morning's it come and go's in waves. Have my scan in 2 wks can't come soon enough!  Take care.
    • Posted

Exactly what mine was like and I have spoken to other women who had the same. Good luck with your scan, hopefully they will have it out soon for you smile
    • Posted

Becky can I ask when did you have your surgery was it laproscopic? Did they take your ovary and tube? 
  • Posted

I have had symptoms of an ovarian cyst for 6 days now. Decreasing. Cant get doctor's appt for 2 weeks. The pain is intermittent and I can get through the day (taught basically from 9a to 9p yesterday!)

No pain today (suppress with ibuprofen) but woke up a bit shaky and nauseous/queasy.

Now my nose is running and I just realized that's due to the nausea.

I'm post menopausal, old, yet quite youthful.  Not a sick person.

Pain and discomfort one thing. Nausea is untenable

• Posted

Yes! I thought I was losing my mind. It's constant, I have a 2cm dermoid cyst on my right ovary, just diagnosed, cannot wait to have it removed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.