Nauseous all day?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been feeling nauseous all the time for months now. I have a hiatus hernia and im on medication m (i've been taking it for 3 weeks), though the nausea is still there. Sometimes i wouldnt be able to eat due to the nausea.

I am now eating everything gluten and lactose which is making me feel a bit better, at least i am able to eat, though im still not comfortable as the nausea is there all the time. Its been 1 month since I changed my diet. I also feel like a lump in my throat (probably the cause due to the hernia).

I cant control my nausea, i feel my life has changed since im 19 years old and i barely go out since ill be nauseous, cut down alcohol and all the food which may trigger acid reflux, yet, i havent found a solution.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh boy sure know how you feel my life has changed since I got sick with nausea 14 months ago . Did many tests nothing my endoscopy is booked for Mar 1 my dr booked it 9 months ago. Long wait!

Do you cough at all, how do you know you have a hiatal hernia? What test did you have... What is your dr telling you?

I remember when I was sick for 2 months I thought it had changed my life just think it's been since Oct /14 I sure hope you feel better soon . Keep us posted on any new findings or recovery😊

• Posted

No I don't come but sometimes i notice my self clearing my throat since I feel like something is stuck in my throat.

I did the barium swallow which resulted with the hiatal hernia since I was afraid to do the endoscopy. My doctor put me on omeprazole for 6 weeks and have to go talk to him after.

Since I changed my diet at least I am able to eat now , before I couldn't eat anything since I'm always nauseous, now im also always nauseous but controlable and therefore I am able to eat.

• Posted

I dont cough sorry *
    • Posted

chronic cough is hallmark of hiatal hernia. You can have it repaired by fundoplication. Or other methods that are out of my budget.
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine

I often wondered if I had a hiatal hernia, how do these appear meaning what causes them. I thought they are treated through PPI's?

If I need surgery our government covers medical . Thx for your info smile

• Posted

Consider repair of your hiatal hernia by fundoplication. If you are rich, you can get the LINX bracelet to repair your hernia. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.