Nauseous and vomiting for last 2 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

I believe I got food poisoning at work roughly 2 months ago. about an hour after i ate a sandwich, I got intense cramps in my upper abdomen, nausea, and diarrhea. about a day or 2 after i started throwing up. I have been throwing up for about the past month and a half, i am very up and down, one moment I won't feel so bad, next thing I know I feel absolutely awful and need to vomit. My vomit is almost always bile or acid (don't know difference). Diarrhea has been off and on. I have had an Endoscopy, been to the ER, blood tests, H. Pylori the only thing that has shown is that my proteins are extremely high.

I have a stool sample waiting for results, and I am doing a test where I drink blue dye on Monday. I have a feeling both will come back negative, as everything else has. I am at a loss on what to do. My whole summer has been a waste, I have had to work from home for the last month and a half, and i feel like I am going crazy now from being sick so long.

Has anyone else had anything similar? Any advice? Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It might be post infectious IBS if norhing else shows up.  It can happen after food poisoning.  Has IBS been mentioned?
    • Posted

IBS has been mentioned as a possibility, but I do not think I have it
  • Posted

Same exact thing happened to my boyfriend after eating some peas. He has not been tested for parasites yet, I hope your stool sample comes back with some parasites found because dealing with this chronically sounds like hell. Perhaps look into getting your gallbladder tested with HIDA scan? I wish you best of luck.
    • Posted

Hey emily! Did a barium swallow, and stool sample, both came back negative. I will be getting a HIDA scan soon, hopefully it shows something!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.