navel piercing question for surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok, so a really genuine question, although I know its minor for most and not important, for me it is..

I have a double navel piercing, I have had huge body issues growing up and these piecings are personal and loved by me and only for me. I am concerned when I have surgery I will loose them both and re piercing them is a trauma and took me years to heal from, I have had them 16 yrs now and they are a part of me ( apart from the costs of the jewellery I have!)

Has anyone else with navel piercings had this, how did you keep the piercing? could you put back in straight away?

did they cut through the piercing?

thanks smile

Its been bothering me since I knew I would need surgery!

I have purchased two plastic retainers to sterilize and take in with me, but unsure if thast possible?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had keyhole surgery on the 19th may surgeon cut me just under my belly button so a week later when I could keep the dressing of I put my navel piercing back in

I suppose it depends where they cut every surgeon is different

Alison x

• Posted

thanks, my piercings are above and below my navel ( double piercing) sad
  • Posted

I haven't had this experience but I am sure the nurses and doctors have. I know some patients do not take their wedding ring off before surgery and they cover the rings with tape. Good luck

• Posted

thanks, I wont be able to cover with tape due to the fact it goes in near the piercings, but hoping they can save them and I can pop them back in the same day! I am at pre op next week, so will ask..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.