Nearly 12 weeks post TKR, but feel cold all the time ......

Posted , 6 users are following.

Progressing well.  Clawing back most of my life after having this awful procedure and, therefore, getting stronger both physically and mentally each week.

However, since my op on 25th June,I have felt consistently cold.  We've had one of the best Summer's in years, but I have needed to wear a cardigan nearly all the time!  My family think I am nuts!

Be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes me too, not to bad but my partner has been in vest tops and I have my cardi on, it's got better over the last week I'm 6weeks today into my surgery, and work is on at me already lolx not a chance as I work nights in the second largest Tesco in Europe and I'm 60 not16 lol
  • Posted

hiya anyone on here, need a bit of advice. my knee & whole leg, is blowing up something wicked, the pain is REALLLLLY bad & its soooooo tight. finding it hard to bend & not really done exercise today, as the pain is unbearable. any suggestions??? x x x
    • Posted

Are you able to take your temperature?  If the knee is so painful be careful it is not an infection.

Really advise you call your GP's number and get some advice from a doctor.

• Posted

Get.  Some ice on it and make sure the leg is elevated. Have you any ibuprofen or similar . If it  doesn't start to improve ring your GP  or go to A&E 
  • Posted

hiya pam, i have had a leg ice pack on all day. the pain is awful, but more worried about not exercising, but its just to painful/swollen & now stiff. got shooting pains up & down the sides of my leg. & i can feel it getting bigger & bigger xxx
    • Posted

I agree with the others if it's very bad, get it checked. Probably ok but have to rule out blood clot or infection. Take care.

jen 

• Posted

thanx so much jen. get more sense out of you & the girls. told my son who lives here & is 30 (with a car i might add) that my leg is so bad, got told to stop moaning. i am devestated that my son 30 & my daughter 33, could be so selfish. so i am afraid were my knee is concerned, its just, ME, MYSELF & I. thanx again, julie
  • Posted

I did get really bad pain during those first couple of weeks. My knee and part of my leg was swollen , but not the whole leg . I did have to get stronger painkillers from my GP . He gave me oromorph . Don't be afraid to ring the hospital if you are concerned rather get it looked at than sit and worry  . Try to bend the knee even a little , even while you are laying down . Even just try I lift the leg a little . 
  • Posted

Are you takng pain killers ? 
    • Posted

hiya pam, i also have spinal stenosis, fibro myalgia & a few other things, i got ibuprofen of dr the other night. also take tramodol, paracetomol, all in all, i take 29 tabs a day & ibuprophen now. the other suitcase of tabs, i have been on for 22yrs,,but they do not work properley now, not even touching my knee pain xxx
  • Posted

hiya lynn, i don't seem to have a temprature, but my leg is on fire, thanx for your help & a big thanx also to pam39536 x x
    • Posted

It's always more of a worry when you are alone . The leg does get hot , and I know what you mean about pain killers not touching the pain ...in saying that  I would call your GP or even the hospital . The paramedics may be able to put  your mind at rest . I suspect you have a lot of bruising coming out .xx keep us  informed 
    • Posted

thanx so much sweetie, will do & again, thank you xx
  • Posted

Are you feeling any better ? 
    • Posted

Yep, fine.  But I am sitting here with my big, fluffy dressingown on!
    • Posted

Lol I meant that to go to Nanny , but I am glad you are now warm .. It does take a long time to get over this , I am thinking a nice holiday in the sun 
    • Posted

noy really pam. the throbbing is murder. going to try some bends. catch you tomorrow. nite hun xx
    • Posted

I hope you are feeling a bit better . If the pain is still as bad  please call your GP I had to around this time , they can give you something stronger and also you will get peace of mind ( and so will we lol) 
    • Posted

morning pam, i hope you are feeling a bit better today. i am just going to ring the doctors thanx, let you know how i get on later. have a good day x
    • Posted

hiya jen, rang gp & because they have not recieved a letter of hospital yet, he will not give me them. going to hospital tomorrow for physio, i will ask then x
    • Posted

Poor you. At least the physio will see your leg and perhaps advise you what to do. X
    • Posted

rrrrr thanx jen. my dr infuriates me. i have been going to him for 22 years & unless he looks at my notes, does not even no my name/know what all my illnesses are. useless. have a good day hun x
    • Posted

You have a dumb doctor. If you are in that much pain they must be able to help , even if they have to contact the hospital . How are you feeling now ? Have you killed anyone yet ? Lol it will get better x
    • Posted

not yet pam, but the anger in my stomache is gradually rising, god help who ever it is, when i erupt, lol xx
    • Posted

Hi thinking about you and your pain. Do not put up with it any longer. Get yourself up to hospital, they will have to treat you. You will be examined and given something else for your pain. They can't leave you in such distress.it may well be an infection, or just part and parcel of this damned knee op.i don't think you physio will be able to prescribe anything it has to be from a doctor.take care and I hope you get sorted. It's no joke is it. I don't think anyone realises what the pain is unless they have themselves been through it. Sending my love and sympathy tucks x
    • Posted

hiya sweetie, my physio got in touch with a dr in the hospital last week who prescribed something else. not as depressed today, so been doing my excercises. still in pain, but i will be going tomorow night, so sort it then. many many thanx lovely, love & huggles, julie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.