Nearly 2 years gone I need advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

Be 2 years in May since I had back operation. Am lot better then I was and don't regret it. My problem is I do still get pain in me lower back. But the main problem is the nerve in me leg its driving me insane. And I read that the nerve should heal so what's the problem? Am also having trouble with me knee so is that got to do with me back or is it another issue. Just my right leg. I know your not doctors I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Also I can only walk round places for few hours before am struggling to walk. Am sti working which am on feet most part of that and still have to rest when get home. Coz I hurt. Am getting deflated again as this nerve pain is hurting and I remember this pain. It's mild compared to what it was before back op. But it's there any advice or anyone had same please I like hear from u

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Donna,

So sorry to hear that you have been having nerve pain, that must be so awful and it sounds like you've been through so much with your back. I've had some lower back pain this last two years but grateful that have still been able to be mobile and that all that's being picked up is a bit of a disc bulge on my back but nothing that requires surgery, just grateful to God for that.

But I know still how much it has got me down at times and how tough it has been, so definitely empathising with you. My medical knowledge is limited but one thing that has helped me a lot especially with sciatic pain in the past is Bowen Therapy - it's a natural, alternative therapy which can help with a lot of aches, pains and conditions - it worked so well like a miracle for me at a time when other things like physio, etc, weren't making much difference to terrible sciatic pain. Maybe worth looking into or considering, I would certainly recommend it from my own personal experience.

One book that my osteopath recommended to me was 'Back Pain Decoded' by Robert Shanks. I haven't read it all but it is a very good book in that gives details of lots of different gadgets and alternative things you can try for back pain, and explains things in a very simple way. You can get a black and white version on Amazon for about £20 (UK money) I think.

Just wanted you to know I had read your post and was empathising and very much hoping and praying your pain settles and can be feeling much better about things soon. I believe you are going to be pain free again Donna, I trust God and believe that Jesus is the great healer.

Thinking about you and hoping there can be folks on the site who have some good advice / suggestions that can help with nerve pain. I've found some vitamins and herbs good for settling the nervous system too, especially B100 complex vitamin per day, chamomile and cayenne pepper, they can really help with calming and soothing your body. Hang in there Donna, believing that better times are ahead for you...

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.