Nearly 4 weeks post anterior and posterior prolapse repair surgery. Still in pain...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 43, and finally took the plunge to have anterior and posterior prolapse repair surgery nearly 4 weeks ago.

the surgeon also did a perineum repair.

I've been fairly active since, walking kids to school, but taking daily rest.

But, over the last week the pain has been unbearable in my anus. 🙈

I'm still taking laxatives, as I suffer with IBS anyway. so everything is soft when I pass stools, but it feels like I have a bulge after going to the toilet, and get a lot of acute pain up there.

I also have a lot of tummy cramps still, like heavy period pains.

I'm not bleeding anymore.

Today, I saw my GP, who sent me to a local hospital to be checked out.

They confirmed skin tags/piles, and said everything else looked OK "down there".

they were suprised by my tummy bloat still, and said perhaps the laxatives are causing it. Currently on movicol x2 a day, plus stool softeners.

I'm wondering if there's any ladies out there while had this surgery, and still had pains/bloating nearly 4 weeks on. sitting down causes rectum pain.

I'm a very fit person usually, gym 4/5 times a week, and I'm suprised how slowly I'm healing.

I'm still on nurofen max amount and paracetamol daily.

I know the overall recovery 12 weeks, I didn't expect to still be in this much pain. any advice appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Lots of ladies complain about post op pain after these sort of repairs. And often its at about 4 weeks. Its often down to doing far too much. Anterior/posterior and perineum repairs mean a lot of incisions in very tender places on fragile skin and you probably need to rest much more. For 2 weeks you should have been doing next to nothing with feet up.

We all think we are super women but this is when we find out we are not.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.