Nearly 6 weeks post op after vaginal hysterectomy and anterior bladder repair - bulging ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

After nearly 6 weeks post op (tomorrow) and multiple daily pelvic floor exercises i am doing really well. I don't sleep so great, i'm tired as a result, i'm abit down in general but putting that to having this type of surgery. 

However the last day or so i have noticed a bulging in my vagina when i sit on the loo. I wasn't expecting to feel any as i had a repair. Do you think this is normal or should i contact my consultant.cry

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun

I'm 16 wks tvh and anterior repair. I have always feared this too because my first repair failed after 4 wks.

No I am paranoid but have a wonderful consultant who I trust implicitly.

I have been check and all is fine but I would definitely get checked over is my advice.. You may still have swelling as its still very early days..

One word of advice,stop looking and feeling. What you are now will not be the finished article.. We will never be the same down there after any repair,it will look different.x

• Posted

I do trust my Consultant too, but i didn't expect to feel bulging like i previously did. I may just drop him an email and get his advice. I don't actively poke about but am a little worried now. It's horrible isn't it, what we have to do. 

How are you feeling now ? would you say you are back to normal ? x

• Posted

Hi.  It’s been awhile since i joined this discussion.  Thank you Welshgirl67.  It will not be the same.  I am now on the 20th weeks (4mos) after surgery.  I’ve had panic/anxiety for a month and till now feeling tired and

difficulty in sleeping.  Trying to do walking exercises daily per my gp.  I just hope and pray evetything will be fine snd more focus on

good things.  Possitivity is the key.

• Posted

Hi Planebird. I have a radical LAVH 7 weeks ago because of a prolapse womb & Bladder. I would say if your bulging you have over done your exercises. I would seek medical advice ASAP. I would guess you could have undone the repair. Hope all will be well. Mandy.

• Posted

Thanks for replying. I have contacted my Consultant and am waiting to speak to him. X
  • Posted

Him

I really don't think you can undo repair by doing exercises at 6 wks.

Before you worry please just get checked before worrying over nothing.I just wanted to say that.xx

• Posted

Just waiting to hear from My Consultant now, his reassurance will help.

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.