Nearly 9 months on fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking fluoxetine for 9 months my anxiety is v bad I have had little patches of feeling better but it all comes back triggered by memory of it I think - I feel that I am peaking again v intense headaches discomfort and that dreadful feeling of not knowing what to do with myself I ache all over - I don't know what to do to recover still scrapping myself into work but little strength left I feel afraid has anyone else felt like this - this is my second time in fluox it took a long time before but eventually I felt better after about a year I see life slipping by I am 63

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

It often takes longer second time around, so if it took about a year the first time then it might be the same time or longer this time.  

K x

• Posted

Awe thanks katecogs it's so intense sometimes others it's manageable I start to get better and go forward and then slip back usually tricked by a thought and headaches it will be so joyful when normal thinking and sensations retun

• Posted

Yes it does come and go - I remember how intense it felt at times and other times when I thought I was just about copying.  Those thoughts are only produced by anxiety, and when the anxiety eases those thoughts will ease off too.

Hope its going ok.

K x

• Posted

Really struggling just now got that terrible feeling of unease and feel welded to the chair I have those thoughts never go get better I have a headache every day it's v tough I still on 20mg fluox as I say it took a year last time but you forget how bad it can be when you are well I so long to be able to relax I am better in the evenings my husband I hot that horrible voice of doubt .... I still work but it's all hard going

• Posted

Meant to say my husband finds it hard though I try not to go on about itx
    • Posted

Negative thoughts are a side effect of the anxiety - we all think the worst and we all think we'll never get better.  You can't see a way out so its understandable you think like that - but once you start recovering your thoughts completely change.

Headaches are quite common - its due to the tension you carry around, the constant thinking, the emotions too.  

Being better in the evenings is a sure sign that the meds are working.  When I recovered I'd feel better by the evenings (mornings were the worst) and that evening feeling got better and spread more into my day over the months.

Its hard for partners, but they have to remember that though its difficult for them, its much, much worse for the sufferer.  Support by partners helps with recovery, and they just have to be there for the occasional cuddle.  That's all.  Its hard for anyone to understand what we go through if they've not experienced anxiety.

K x

• Posted

I think if I knew it was going to end I would not feel so bad but it's that voice of doubt....X

• Posted

I'll private message you a link Julie - can't post on here as links get deleted.  It'll help re the thoughts etc.

K x

• Posted

I can't message you as I don't think you've enabled this feature in your profile.  If you go to profile / settings you can allow this and I can send you something.

K x

• Posted

No - just checked - its still not enabled lol.  There's no link to message to.

Click on your name

Then click on Settings

Under Privacy Settings click next to Enable Private Messaging

wink xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.