Nearly continuous headaches for several weeks??

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 16 and I've been having headaches for a number of weeks now. It's a dull feeling pain usually and it's around the centre at the top of my head and it's always there. Sometimes I can't feel it at all but this lasts at maximum for about 1/2 a day. But usually it's just continuous and can feel worse when I'm moving around such as when I took the dog for a walk it got to a point where I had to sit down because of the pain. And there's been a few times where I've seen stars around the outside of my vision. It also throbs like I can feel my blood pumping around my head...Paracetamols definitely don't work I think they make it worse. Also I'm eating and drinking the same if not better, I'm also exercising a lot like usual but this increases the throbbing pain. The headaches go from when i wake up to when I sleep and the pain increases and decreases randomly through the day. Hopefully this gives enough info for someone to shed so light on this because it's not a good feeling!

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Have you had your eyes checked? You should see your GP. Feel better 😆

• Posted

I am also 16 and dealing with similar symptoms for the past for months. For me, I feel a dull ache on the top right side of my head. Sometimes the feeling comes down to the right side of my face and forehead. It is a terrible feeling and I can be a stressful experience. I suggest that you do some blood tests and get an MRI scan of your brain/ brain stem. I have done done these tests and they came back clear. It may be a condition called hemicrania continua. However, don't do too much research online because it will only make the experience more stressful and it may cause you to think you have a certain disease when you don't in reality. Seek happiness. :-). If you have any questions feel free to ask.

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with hemacrania continua, my symptoms are not like this. I have persistant daily headache which builds throughout the day until it becomes migraine strength. I've had occipital nerve blocks, botox and DHE.

Ellxe01 sounds like there could be a blood pressure issue given that you hear blood rushing. I would give the GP all of your symptoms.

• Posted

Thank you ann03093 for the update on hemicrania continua. You also have a point about the high blood pressure. During several of my doctors appts they have found that I have hypertension (150/90). I also feel my blood pumping.
    • Posted

I wouldn't wish hemacrania continua on anyone, it's aweful 😣.

Hearing your heart beat in your ears or blood rushing through your arteries really needs to be checked out by a GP.

At 16yrs old you have sooo many pressures causing anxiety and stress. The most important thing you can do when your hear that rushing sound is deep diaphragm breathing. It will calm down fast but should still be checked 😆

Good luck guys 😘

• Posted

I've been suffering from chronic daily headaches for 2 years that nobody can figure out. I'm 18. I have a misaligned jaw and braces at the moment. My dentist said my jaw isn't bad but my actual bite is awful. I don't know where to put my teeth. He said this is causing my tmj ( joint) to get irritated and is the cause of my headaches. Would you know anything about this?

• Posted

Please don't worry I've had 40 years of it. It's not great but you're not I'll or dieing and at your age it will pass. I am an exception nobody has had a headache for this long so you won't either

• Posted

If you ever find out what the cause is, please let me know. I've just recently started getting the same thing and I'm going out of my mind because of it. <3

Get well soon. smile 

• Posted

I've had migraines and headaches for 40yr too. 3yrs of constant daily headaches which escalate to multiple daily migraines.

They diagnosed hemacrania continua, recently seen a professor who teaches maxillofacial consultant and he said my jaw is causing all the headaches/migraines and have more likely been doing it since i was 14yrs old.

Getting treatment now and getting it under control slowly 😆

• Posted

Hi ann. It seems our symptoms match. I'm interested to know what the treatment is as I tried every drug imaginable.

• Posted

You might want to see a doctor. You are very young. Stress can be a factor but also your hormones and stress affects everything. Migraines??? Have you tried taking over the medication for migraines?
  • Posted

Going through the same thing. Constant daily headaches 2 years. No help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.