nearly deaf

Posted , 6 users are following.

ive got glue ear in both ears and have had for about 9 months. been to doctors many times for differet medications but nothing works, and tried alii the different home remidies, inhaling all sorts of oils etc, can any one suggest a possible cure.

thanks Pete

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

While this is something you should probably talk to with your doctor (ENT).  While I am not a doctor nor a medical professional, there are medical proceedures that they can do either in their office or as a form of out patient surgery to clear that issue to some extent.  Yet in most cases the doctors feel it will clear itself over time.
    • Posted

Yes, I have an appointment tomorrow with an ENT doctor. Thanks
  • Posted

Do you have pain in your ears aswell?
    • Posted

It's ringing in my left ear with pressure and some popping and a small amount of pain...when I bend down I become dizzy, pressure in my head, nose drainage and discomfort on the bridge of my nose. I had a head injury in August of last year and this just started a month ago. ENT said it was unrelated and removed wax from my ear. All of the symptoms I mentioned returned. Going to see an ENT tomorrow

When I put anefrin spray in my nose, I can feel a sensation in my left ear

• Posted

Ginkgo biloba extract 120 milligrams helps ringing in the ear
  • Posted

It often does clear on its own but the ENT consultant may suggest grommets in one or both ears. Tiny tubes inserted through the eardrum,under anaesthetic. They help to dry out the glueyness.  They are often left in until they fall out on their own.
    • Posted

thank you Marina, i have an  appointment next month at ent, but just wondered if you or any one could help me for the near future
  • Posted

Went to ENT today for ear ringing, pressure and sinus issues. Had a hearing test and other test...in two weeks will have a CT scan. Doctor gave me antibiotics, nose spray and sinus pills

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.