nearly two years of headache and getting no where :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

I started having headaches February 2013. They can be mild to quite severe. And last anything up to 48 hours. I can have headaches 2-3 times a week! I'm 24, I went 5 the hospital today and my blood and everything is fine along with my eyesight. I haven't had any scans. And no tablets so far have worked! Painkillers hardly touch the headache but stronge ones will help me sleep. Anyone have any ideas? The doctors tell me they're migraines but what can stop them?!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Only thing that helps me is Migraleve,and water .i have Rhinitis allergies 

Hope you find relief truly do .

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your headaches. I too suffer from very painful headaches that can last for months on end. I have read that a high dose of melatonin once a night (3mg and up) has helped some headache sufferers. Check with your Dr. and see if he or she recommends this treatment. Melatonin is fairly safe but still may I interact with other medications. Check with Dr. first. Results were shown after about one month of treatment. Hope this helps.😊

• Posted

If you please write down the whole situation/ symptums like headache starts time, spacific area of head where you feel pain most, duration, any vomiting or what ever you feel during pain even tiney symptums than may  i could help you
  • Posted

there is not much you can do that I know of to stop a migraine except take a strong pain killer and lie in a darkened room for a bit.

Richard

• Posted

Keep a headache diary. I've had migraines most of my life. When younger they were linked to my menstrual cycle---blinding migraine 48 hours before a period. When dr tried me on HRT in late 40s I got the same headaches. Ditched the HRT!

also write down EVERYTHING you eat. Mine are triggered by alcohol, chocolate, coffee, any spices ( can't eat curry or anything coated in any spice) pineapple and ginger are my latest discoveries. A 1/4 inch piece of pineapple put me in bed for 2 days. 

There is something causing your headaches, you just have to find it. 

You can cut out everything--drink just water, eat plainest food possible for a couple of weeks ( boring but worth it) then try just one thing you think is a trigger. Few days later try another.

Good luck---I know how awful the headaches are.

• Posted

I have been suffering from headaches daily going on a year.

I have been fortunate enough to have had the best medical help out there & fast tracked for every scan & procedure available from lumbar punture, MRI, CT, blood tests, Nerve conduction test, root canals.. you name it I've searched high & low with no answers but the good news is im not dying but I have a chronic throbbing headache day in day out with other symtoms (ringing in my ears, jaw pain etc)

My only advice to you from experience is stay off the pain killers espcially codine. I went down this road & gave myself 2 ulcers & bleeding stomach as well as rebound headaches. Codine makes headache worse. A preventattive medication is best to block pain signals but keep your dose as low as possible. Antidepressants like Amitriplyine/Nortriplyine are offered but personally its nasty mood changing stuff. Anticonvulsants like Gabpentine work for headaches though there are side effects it does pass but again keep the dose low & take it slow. Doctors will throw lots of medication at you with higher doses then you might need, sometimes a small amount is enough to control the pain & break the cycle.

If you can't find an answer to your headaches, check your teeth. There is a big connection between what appear healthy teeth & headaches.

Take 400mg Vitamin Rib B2. Drink lots of 2L water a day. Sleep a full 8 hours. Dont smoke or drink alchol & keep a headache diary to look for patterns & is very useful for nureologists, Ive seen 3, its good basic advice. Hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.