Neck and Arm Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Haven't been on here for a while .Know from experience how helpful you all are so keeping my fingers crossed that someone could help me   -   please.   I   made the decision when diagnosed not to take any of the strong meds normally used.   I am getting so much pain across my neck front and back, shoulders and down arms especially right one.  Is this normal with Fibro at times the pain is burning.  Anyone have ideas for alternative ways to ease it .  Thank you so much for reading  gentle hugs to you all  x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue. Yes I can relate. An osteopath could help. I find them affective and more gentle than other massages or chiropractor treatments. 

Maggie 🤓

• Posted

Oh how i wish I could!! I have been taking hydrocodone 5-325 for five or six years. I am 66. Well, the powers that be have decided that we are in an opiate crisis, so my dr, had me go from three a day to two for July, then one for August then none. I have been without any for two months and i notice a great deal more pain, sadly! I had been having some weird episodes with what I thought was related to indigestion, but manifest in my arms breasts, underarms and shoulder blades, of all things- and moves around constantly never going below my bra line!!I have tried arnica gel, Bio-freeze, heating pad cold packs, etc! I will be fine for a week or two sometimes, then here it is again. does not seem food related at all. I feel like if i call a doctor now they are just going to think I am whining for pills. By the way, I had mammogram, chest exray, ekg and blood work-all fine blood pressure great,cholesterol a bit high and i already informed him I have no intentions of getting mixed up with statins!! I do know that fibro tends to mimic many pains and can indeed burn! I have about decided that my weird spells are due to ibs, without manifesting into diarrhea or constipation. I would try hot water bottle and soft ice packs if i were you and see if that helps. Sorry to run on so much, but I feel insane!lol Best wishes
  • Posted

Hello 👋 

You can try acupuncture and chiropractic therapy if you google they say certain foods can help. In my case I’ve tried so MANY things including that listed above. Drs say I have a severe case and that some pts get it this bad. There’s no way I could go without taking something. But I do understand the route you would like to go. For me I’m on the highest dose of Lyrica, 1-2 muscle relaxers up to three times a day and Effexor 3 tablet and hydrocodone 2 tabs everyday. Yes I have it bad . Also have osteoarthritis which the drs say they work against each other so I’m being hit on both ends whether I’m sitting or moving around. Hang in there we know what you are going through.

• Posted

I took Cymbalta for a while several years ago, then a high dose of Lyrica. Nothing seemed to help much, and I had an extremely difficult time with with drawals from Lyrica, which doctor swore didn't exist! I have been managing for about five or six years on low dose of hydrocodone twice a day. last january the doctor increased my dose to three per day, then at my June checkup i was informed that the war on opiates had begun and no more hydrocodone. so I have nothing. I would like to try chiropractor but medicare will not pay for it. Guess they think I should just crawl off and die. I'm 66 and would prefer to stick around a while just for spite, if nothing else.lol Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.