Neck and back problems on the right side for over a year now

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been depressed alot recently due to the pain Im getting and just the stress because I dont know what is wrong with me. Ive been having alot of pain on the right side of my body like on the neck and back. Ive gone to the doctors but they dont know what it is. I will attatch pictures and you can tell that my muscles on the right side arent developed for some reason so I dont know what is wrong with me but due to this Ive been hating life because its painful and I cant workout due to the pain.

File size is too bigimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dave,

Have you had a ct scan? I had an xray and it showed nothing, I thought I was being a bit of a wimp due to menopause, BUT I had a ct scan and it revealed several bone spurs (osteophyte), arthritis, narrowing and loss of height.

Of course you look like a young man so perhaps some of those things are not going to apply to you.

I see some minor loss of muscle on your right side, it could be related to your spine. Can you go back to your Doctor and point blank tell him or her the pain is causing real issues with depression and ask for further investigations?

If not , honestly try a different Doctor.

• Posted

Gwenn1120I'm older too and arthritis is ruining my spine .... I've got a list of things wrong in my neck. most recently I do not understand ..." some bone marrow sclerosis inferior level of ....." --- in the spine? of, course a bone spur or two, degenerative disc disease, some stenosis, facet joint disease it goes on --- I've learned what these are.

I'm doing PT and Botox, cortizone didn't help, etc been through the mill.

and you?

• Posted

Hi Dave

Go back to your doctor and explain what you have said here and request further tests otherwise your mental health will be affected. He should at least send you for xrays to begin with and do blood works.

• Posted

Dave,

Have you had this a long time? Did you have an accident that may have tightened your body on one side? I am not a physician and cannot diagnose but, have suffered the same symptoms after a car accident that tightened left side. Pain all the way up to my head for years. Hello,

I found this place in San Diego called RejuVitize. The practitioner uses these smooth, metal tools to release the tension on the muscles and it lasts a long time. Actually, they fixed my neck. If you live in the area, this may be your best bet. I think there is a website under the same name where you can read about it. Hope you feel better soon.

Sherry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.