Neck and shoulder pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

How many of you guys have constant pain lasting for months driving me crazy and even worse trying to work full time thanks 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen. I have been in constant pain now for 13 months. Todsy is the most painful by far. I have a herniated disc tho aswell. Meeting up with the spinal team on 13th of next month, so touch wood they can do something soon
    • Posted

Hi. I take Naproxen, 2 × 500mg, Gabapentin 2 × 600mg 3 times a day, Amitriptyline 1 at night 25mg and Omeprazole to protect my stomach. Which meds are you taking?
    • Posted

Hi Lesley I'm on zormorph at the moment 2 x 20mg a day but not touching it, it's horrendous and worse when you have to do 40 hours work a week do you find that gabapentin works for you I'm back at the docs tomorrow can't cope with it x
    • Posted

I take omeprozole too and had diazapan prescribed for anxiety but been taking one at night trying to calm the pain down but will soon run out of them and don't think they will give me more x
    • Posted

You would probably be better having amitriptyline to take at night. It is a muscle relaxant. Omeprazole is taken to protect the stomach from being harmed while taking strong medication
    • Posted

I missed one of my meds off earlier. I have Naptoxen, one in a morning and one st night. Gsbapentin 3 times a day, two at a time, snd Solpadol, 2 tsken 4 times a day. I then have amitriptyline 1 taken at night. I find this combination works okay with me. I still have pain, but I can cope with it better.
    • Posted

Sorry about all the mistakes in my spelling, jumpy hands lol x
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice Lesley my typing is getting worse not like it used to be I will ask tomorrow and see what else they can give me don't want to be leaving work yet can't afford it but can't cope,with the pain either 
  • Posted

Hello Karen,

pain is just a way of life with me now,it gets really aggravating when I am doing something which requires phisical effort,I feel as though I am getting old before my time.

I get comfort that there are people hell of a lot worse than me.

• Posted

Hi karen

I have had constant pain for 50yrs (60)now. No matter how long you have had pain I dont think you ever get used to it you can learn to live with it. At first you cant because you find it hard as you try to still do the things you used to do before you had pain whether the pain be slight or harsh. So what you have to learn to do is little and often and if you have to do something take pain killers before you start.I  always think the same as Benggo there is always someone worse off than me.( it does not feel like it sometimes) but there is and I am lucky I have 3children and a hubby who is always there to help if I am not well.What medication are you taking (if any)?

you take care and hope to read your next postrolleyes

• Posted

Thanks Jeanette it's hard when pains so bad and your taking tablets that don't do anything just fed up,and down because of constant pain like us all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.