neck and shoulder pain arthritis in both shoulders

Posted , 5 users are following.

interrible pain with shoulder and neck only relief i get is laying down flat doctor put morphine up dosage had a bad reaction  to much over load  cant get into see consultant until july  and GP said cant do any more on tablet up RA doctor the pain driving me mad 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, your pain sounds so incredibly awful and dehabilitating.....do you have degenerative disease in your spine, or cervical spine, putting immense compression on your spinal column? Are you on long term prednisone ? Have you tried a muscle relaxor such as baclofen or neuritin? Have you considered cannibus treatment???
    • Posted

hi cheria yes i have got dengeration of the spine plus fracture spine rod screw plate the cervical spine was pick by xray when had foot operation they said i couldnt have a spinal block for this reason my gp brillaint can give anything else  as on so many says got to back rheaumatology but thats not til july  got have scans on knuckles feet so i will see  what he can i had injections  in shoulders   cant take baclofen  im allergic to it lactose intolerance make sick  last time i tried  gave a ulcer   no i havent consider cannbis 
    • Posted

Oh my gosh, you cannot wait until July to get relief of some kind. Emergency room is a way you can get immediate treatment, for possible a steroid injections??? I cannot understand how any surgeon would ever do a cervical spinal surgery of any kind with a serious RA diagnosis, when the bones are degenerated and brittle, with nothing stable to attatch the rods or plate too...why????? And it sounds like you have terrible pain and possible deformation in your feet and knuckles that need either injections or surgery??? Can you take neurotin? Many receive much so pain relief from taking your medical diagnosis to a medical marijuana clinic, where you can receive help from the clinics doctor... where they can help you find a caregiver for you to supply you with relief. If it were me, I would be willing to try anything that would give me more control over my own pain management the way this has to offer. Does heat or cold help you?
    • Posted

Chrissie, again I have no idea why the monitor of this website has not let me respond thoughtfully and medically to your concerns..
    • Posted

cheria same here says cant say anything about doctors ect so want the point yes can see another doctor at hosptial on the one thats on holiday
  • Posted

You need to ring your RA secretary and demand an emergency appointment. You can't go on with pain that extent.my gp was same, he wouldn't help as was under RA consultant
    • Posted

i have rang but my consultant on holiday and i cant see anyone else as my case is complicated 
  • Posted

I can understand the pain you are going through as i suffer from RA.iI sometimes have the pain in my shoulders it is so frustrating i put supports on tight antwhere i have the pain unfortunately they dont stay on the shoulder all i ger relief from is solpadol 500mg. I am also on methotraxate 20mg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.