Neck/back tension causes dizziness?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a lot of tension in my back and neck and i think it's causing me to feel off balanced and dizzy. Is this possible? The last few days I've had tired eyes, brain fog and head pressure. Along with feeling dizzy and just pretty crap, especially today. And all this is making my anxiety sky high. Can anxiety do this to you?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Also it's making me feel a little sick every now and then
  • Posted

Hi, Sarah! I am going through the exact same thing! I have a lot of tension in my neck and my jaw. I also feel dizzy, off balance, and as if everything is not stable. I've been looking around these forums and it seems that all these symptoms are due to anxiety. Right now, I am just trying to do some breathing exercises. What has helped me in the past is to do guided relaxations. There is a Youtube channel called TheHonestGuys that helps me when I'm feeling really bad.

Hope you get the answers you need smile

• Posted

So glad I'm not alone then although sorry you're going through this also. It's such a horrible feeling and a strange one too. I'm going to have a look on YouTube now thank you smile
  • Posted

Absolutely! I suffer from severe neck and back pain when I'm really stressed out. TRY YOGA. Seriously this helps more then anything. It relieves stress and you feel like a whole new person. Stretch your neck or maybe have someone give you a neck massag with oils to help relieve it. But I'm telling you yoga is healing.
    • Posted

I wil look into yoga as I've been told by my mother in law how good it is! Anything to help how I'm feeling x
    • Posted

Hi! I've been meaning to do yoga. However, when you first started, did you feel dizzy? I currently have a fear of making any movements that will make me feel dizzy again.
    • Posted

Sometimes when you start yoga, a beginner is not used to those deep yoga breaths. Usually a person takes shallow breaths from the upper chest. However in yoga, you take full deep breaths from your lower belly. Your body is not used to getting that much oxygen at once making you feel dizzy! Ease into it
  • Posted

Yes neck issues could cause dizziness. Cervical spine. Optic nerve in the eyes can cause issues as well. Could also be your just coming down with a virus of some sorts as well. All anxiety tightens muscles. Sometimes a massage can help very much or a warm shower.
  • Posted

Yes,it does that to u!!!!been there,done that...and it feels so bad!!!!!stress & anxiety will get u tense like that,plus when u are feeling like that,u can feel ur blood pressure rise,it's horrible...u should ask ur doctor for med.to help that tension!!!but everything u r describing is the tension....good luck..& hope u feel better soon!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.