Neck + Chest discomfort, small lump

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have had neck and chest discomfort fgor around 6 months that comes and goes. more of a mild ache than pain. I recently noticed a smooth, firm but not hard lump between my shoulder and neck (if your mouth was 12 oclock, looking at 2 oclockish). around 1 cm above my collarbone very tender from that point up towards ear and down acroos the front of chest to middle of chest. Other symptoms i have expirienced are waking up with a headache, feeling like hot flushes every now and then. I feel tired but work long 12-14 hour days also I don't feel as hungry as a usually do either. I have booked another appt. with doctor for early november. though they keep putting it down to a virus...

any help will be a appreciated as all i do is worry and get terrible anxiety but struggle to talk about it really...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Alex, I was active on a neck pain group maybe a year ago.

I still have neck pain daily (?caused by tardive dyskinesia expanding into neck. Neurologist says possible.)

Now I have a newer, related issue. My entire right arm aches, wrist hurts like hell, and I'm starting to learn doing things with ny left. Even writing by hand and typing will cause pain/ache worsening.

You sound new to this. First your doctor should rule out your lymph nodes : thorough exam is hard to get. Doctors tell me swollen lymph nodes are not worrisome unless they get hard. (You know this can be quite serious. .... Lymphoma). There are also numerous glands and ducts in the neck, etc.

What do you mean by "Hot flushes?" Doctors refer to night sweats -- waking all sweaty, hair and all.

For anxiety, think, read, watch something different. I find reading best. I also have Lorazepam as needed for anxiety.

A small dose of that .5 mg. helped both me and my Mom. Log your weight for doctor too. Kris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.