Neck, head and back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

13 years ago I was attacked hit on side of head, lots of blood,anyway they glued it at hospital and I started experiening neck and head pain and difficulty sleeping, I had mri and ct scans and everything was normal, I’ve seen chiropractic, osteopaths and had acupuncture and as the years went by suffered anxiety and panic attacks and it’s spread to my back and my GP has always put me on medication sent me for counselling and pain management but now says there is no more they can do and I’m on the best medication so I really don’t know what to do I am 41 and this has ruined the last 13 years of my life I have great difficulty doing day to day tasks, I just don’t know what to do, thank you for listening.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear about all your problems. Have you tried going for a massage of neck, shoulders and upper back? I was at the end of my tether with pain that was really wearing me down and making me feel ill. I went for a massage, not really expecting much from it, but it helped so much I go regularly now. ??

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Linda, I’ve thought about that I’m just so anxious with the pain not sure if I could go through with it, although my girlfriend used to do it, it certainly couldn’t hurt, thank you for your kind words.
  • Posted

Hi,

When did you have your last scans, if it was not recently then things may have progressed for the worst.  Also, what meds  are you taking at the moment. Head and neck/back pain can be almost impossible to control and can, in some situations be agrevated by "hands on" treatments.

Mike.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Mike, last scans were 13 years ago and I was thinking that so I arranged an mri even though my doc didn’t think it was necessary about 3 years ago and my anxiety was so bad I couldn’t go through with it because of the noise the scanner was making. I’m on 250mg Pregabalin, 200mg Topiramate, 100mg Tramadol, I do feel it has got worse just my GP won’t listen so I’ve given up and I’m in a bad flare up at the moment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.