neck/jaw feels unusual and numb and struggle to swallow/slight chest discomfort, is this stress?

Posted , 2 users are following.

19 year old male

Fit and healthy

Recently had an extreme injury to hand

Has anyone expereience these side effects of stress/anxiety

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, your body is tightening us so much in reaction to your anxiety. Grinding your teeth is common when you are anxious, at night for example so you wake up with your jaw hurting. You'll find when the anxiety subsides so will the jaw pain. I'm experiencing the same thing now!

Chest discomfort is probably one of the most common anxiety physical symptoms. The more you focus on these symptoms the worse they'll feel. Your mind and body are so connected that your mind can completely bring on physical symptoms. Panic attacks etc. Wouldn't exist if this was not the case. Hope this helps!

• Posted

Im just a big worrier when it comes to my own health! But yes this has helped! Are you finding its more on one side, thats one of the things that was troubling me the most! I convinced myself i had lymph node cancer
    • Posted

Yes so am I, it's unfortunate, we'll create a massive list of symptoms because we're so in tune with our body and end up petrifing ourselves! The symptoms are more on one side? Why are you worried they are more on one side?

Lymph nodes worry me too, I had a tiny one from a sore throat and it scared me, but these things can be a lot more minor than we make out!

• Posted

It just feeling number on one side of my jaw/neck more than the other thats all,
    • Posted

Yes, mine was only on my left side, it always is, it's just tension

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.