Neck muscle weakness won't flex, causing panic attacks?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I posted a few days ago about this knot on my shoulder I have been feeling. The past few days I have gone down hill, and these are new symptoms I have never experienced before.

It all started monday with insomina, then tesuday I had neck stiff ness like lumps are in my neck near the base, pain in one isolated spot next to my adams apple, all on my right side and everyday I have had this It will come and go. I would turn my head to the right and downish and feels like my muscle would bunch up only on the right half. Wesnday I was shaving, stretched my neck up to shave and felt something pull in my neck and had a major axniety attack my neck got locked up couldn't turn it more than 11 to 1 o clock degree wise. That night it losen up and I could move my neck again.  Thurday I was doing better but my neck was stiff, got home from work and got worse when I was chewing food, made my neck sore. Friday I was in pain toward half way at work, then in the evening it got worse again but manageable. Today it came and went again.

Anyone experience this? This is my first time experiening this type of pain it all started after monday of this week. I can't flex my neck muscle anymore like how the dentists make you make that :D grin. My right half won't even move, the left half has gotten so sore it barely twitches to flex.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to add key points 

* is worse when I chew food makes my neck sore

*causes anxiety symptoms

*stiff neck, I can move it right now but comes and goes locking my neck up

*causes cfs symptoms of blocked nose feeling 

* can barely get my neck to crack, so stiff my muscles wont let my neck turn to crack even when I am able to turn my neck fully.

*scretching in bed in the morning is not pleasant 

* libido is on and off, feels like I am on zoloft again

*had diarrhea for three days straight on monday to wednesday.

• Posted

This sounds terrbile, imsolost! Have you had this checked out by a physician to make sure there isn't something else going on?

I've had CFS for about 25 years and often experience brain fog, stiffness of the neck, and headaches. My head sometimes feels like it is on fire. However, I've never felt the severe symptoms you are describing. Have you been diagnosed with CFS/MS?

I would definitely have it checked out. Good luck! KPD

• Posted

Hi Imsolost,

I am currently going through investigation for CFS. I have had Post Viral Fatigue since before Christmas. I sometimes suffer from a sore neck, not quite as severe as yours sounds, but it is extremely uncomfortable when it happens. Some days my neck is fine and others it is stiff on the left hand side. It often gets worse as the day goes on and can last for days at a time and then suddenly disappears. I  often get sore heads with it. My neck can get so sore it makes the left side of my jaw feel numb and tingly. I sometimes wear a scarf when its sore as the heat seems to ease it a bit. I haven't specifically mentioned it to my Dr yet. Sometimes I get to the surgery and just feel too tired to talk about all the symptoms that have been affecting me. But you sound like you're in a lot of pain, and its causing you to have panic attacks so you should talk to your Dr about it and see what advice and support they can offer. Good luck.

• Posted

I saw my dr today, said its a reaction to the BCAA powered im taking (I made a thread a few days ago about taking it). Maybe its true, not sure. The tight neck on one side and ballon pressure feels so odd though, will go away on no notice and wont be back for a day or two now. It was getting better but got sick again tonight.

My neck base is tight on the right side, I feel it and notice its like "locked" while the left side is loose and feels normal. 

• Posted

I have been doing research for about an hour now, I think its my sternocleidomastoid muscle acting up! I am rubbing on my chest and neck where it hurts and thats where the trigger spots have been hurting.....
  • Posted

I am going back to the doctor soon, so far I narrowed it down to two things that seem on track. #1 scm muscle, sternocleidomastoid muscle problems. I saw a "neuro doctor" last year, they did basic function tests and remember my right side of my neck didn't flex  the way they wanted it to but never said anything.

#2 spinal accessory nerve, but I lack some symptoms such as paralysis and inability to move my arm, my arm moves fine but there is pain near my spine and mid upper back under my traps if I play golf.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.