Neck nodules

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I have little nodules in the neck (>0.5cm) one supraclavicular two barely touchable two under the chin and one in the retromandibular region I have got them for at least 5 years or more they do not grow and I feel very well (no night sweats no weight loss etc) but starting when I entered medical school I started panicking about them I have seen three doctors who have told me that I don't need any biopsies but I am afraid I got something malignant that is slowly progressing should I really worry?

Thank you,

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sometimes you can feel lymph nodes for unexplained reasons, maybe you had an infection once and they never went down it just happens. Normally for adults if it's under 3/4 of an inch (2cm) it isn't concerning, and the ones you have are actually pretty small. Also you have had them for 5 years, if it was something bad trust me you would be extremely ill by now. And also they don't grow either which isn't concerning. You just need to relax.  

• Posted

I have some swollen lymph nodes in my head/neck area for about 5 months now. From what my doctors tell me, and from what I've researched, it is not uncommon to have chronic swollen lymph nodes. It seems like as long as they remain small and don't grow in size over 2 cm or more, they are considered normal and nothing to worry about. It is also good that you don't have any of the other symptoms like you mentioned, as my doctors said night sweats, extreme fatigue, and rapid weight loss are also indicators of something worrisome. If you don't have any of those and the nodes are all normal sized, then I wouldn't worry too much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.