neck numbness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey has anybody else experienced Neck numbness from anxiety and especually in the front where the throat is...just numb but i can still feel it and it feels kind of tight or something i dono its so hard to explain xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yeah it might be due to anxiety. But you have not mentioned that you have anxiety. It may be caused by other conditions.
    • Posted

Sorry...but i have anxiety...i mean i was diagnosed by the 3 doctors that i have anxiety....im taking prozac 29 mg but i got this feeling other day i just dont know what it is
  • Posted

So it anxiety then that is the culprit.

This might be the appropriate time for you to request a medications review with your doctor in order to try and get this awful problem under control.

• Posted

Well, the problem might be the side effect of prozac. Side effects of the drug includes stiff muscles, irregular heartbeat, headache, trouble concentrating, memory problems, weakness etc.

Many people  suffering from anxiety simply take the antidepressant drugs thinking that it will cure the anxiety. Medication may be an option for controlling the anxiety but is NOT the cure. When you use the antidepressant drugs for prolonged time, your anxiety level will be worsened. What you need is natural ways to cure the anxiety.

Ive been a victim of depression for 3 whole years in the past. My life was like a hell during those days. Iam a physics lecturer by profession and is single. My first anxiety attack started in the night when I was staying alone at my tutorial house which is 60 miles away from my residence. I still remember that night with pounding heart beats, shaking body, and there was no one to help me. I felt that I was dying. From that day onwards, my anxiety level worsened and I had panic attacks almost everyday. I could not work. My anxiety was so severed that I even decided to quit my professional job. I visited many doctors and prescribed me so many drugs. Howevery those drugs didn't help me. I started losing friends and even keep away myself from family members. They too were worried.

Having no means, I challenged myself that I will kill this anxiety that haunts my every day, every second of my life. I threw away all the drugs prescribed by my doctor and declared that Iam OK. You know what I did?

1. I started walking ( 40 minutes - 60 minutes per day)

2. Started drinking lots of water

3. Ate lots of green vegetables and fruits.

4. I shouted STOP whenever my mind started triggering negative thoughts.

5. Slept early

6. Got myself busy with my favourite hobbies ( writing books in my case)

7. I stayed together with my girlfriend most of the time

8. I presumed that Iam NORMAL and NOTHING IS WRONG WITH ME!

9. I told my mind that I CAN CONTROL YOU.

10. I started thinking of great opportunities in LIFE.

11. Entrusted GOD that my wellbeing is in his hands.

You know what happened then? Within 2 days I was feeling much stronger. My anxiety level decreased with time and within a week, all my anxiety disappeared. What about NOW? Ha! Ha! Iam perfectly fine. I am very happy with life. I stated organising a small group who are suffering from anxiety and started giving tips and advises. They too improved! NOW it is YOUR TURN. YOU CAN DO IT.

( These days I work very late at night and do odd things, but THAT STUPID ANXIETY never returns!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.