Neck osteoarthritis and symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I've recently been diagnosed with neck and spine osteoarthritis but early stages. My neck has been stiff and aching for at least 9 months and since doing exercises as advised by my physiotherapist my headaches have become worse and my head muggy and sometimes dizzy. I have also been feeling nauseous at times with my headache. She thinks I have a posture problem also because of working on a computer for many years. My rhuematologist doesn't want to see me again and has advised om painkillers and cream. Some days I feel too ill to leave the house and others days I'm ok. I can put up with the pain but it's the other problems that worry me. Has anyone else experienced the same as me. I am slowly losing my confidence and my anxiety is returning. I think I need reassurance most of all. Thank you for taking the time to read.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

All your symptoms are normal for neck pain, anxiety probably making it worse. Keep trying the exercises, don't give up too soon.

rex

• Posted

Hi, I know how you feel. I am suffering with strange sensations in my neck and upper chest which scares the life out of me. Tingling ,sharp and dull aches. Feel really anxious . Have an appointment with rheumatology next week, so will hopefully get to the bottom of it. Really, really getting me down. Stressful job as well is really not helping .
    • Posted

Sorry about the unfinished messages, technical hitch. When I saw my rheumatologist it was a huge relief for me, even though the news was not great, I could at least stop speculating. Hopefully you will feel the same after your visit. My neck still aches and I hear crunching sounds in my ears when I turn my head but I have tinnitus also. The exercises are helping because I have felt better in myself for a few days now. The latest thing I have noticed is that when I turn on my right side in bed I feel a little giddy so I avoid sleeping on my right side. I've read that cervical spondylosis can cause this. I find a wheat bag on my neck just once a day helps, maybe you've tried it? Good luck with the rhuematologist, hope all goes well.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.