Neck pain 1.5 month

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 30 year old and I have been suffering from neck pain since 1.5 month. Pain radiates to arm till thumb and index fingure via shoulder blade and i feel hell lot of tingling and burning. I have consulted many doctors(Neuro+orthro), all are saying its mild. You will get benefit from medicine and physiotherapy. Taking medine from 1.5 month, not much relief. Here is my mri impression:

IMPRESSION :: MRI of Cervical spine shows Degenerative disc disease. 

1. Loss of cervical lordotic curvature. 

2. Mild diffuse disc bulge at C5-C6, compression over thecal sac, causing bilateral neural foraminal narrowing and mild compression over exiting nerve roots on both sides. 

3. Mild right postero-lateral disc bulge at C6-C7 causing thecal sac compression, right neural foraminal narrowing and mild compression over exiting nerve root on right side.

Is there something serious going to be happen with me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

cervical spinal problems in the c4 5 6 and 7 levels can be mild, and stay mild throughout life. On the other hand they can deteriate quickly and become severe. My own experience is/was very speedy once it kicked in and extremely painful, with much loss of sleep and eventual mental problems. If you find that the pain and tingling/numbness starts to spread from one side to other via base of neck and into other shoulder blade then you should be concerned. Don't put up with the pain if it is dominating your life, go back to your gp, there are medications available, and steps of pain control before you find a combination that works for you.

Mike.

• Posted

I had pain in the cervical spine which includes the neck and have some notes from when I investigated it.

What you may have is medically termed "radicular pain" which is neurogenic pain that radiates along the nerve and is caused by irritation of a nerve root by processes such as compression or surrounding inflammation. Radicular pain is characteristically sharp and cutting. You may have this.

In my case I saw a neurologist who prescribed LYRICA which worked brilliantly. I took it for 10 days and then the pain went away and never returned.

Of course your situation may be more complex.

In any event I suggest you arrange to see a neurologist who will diagnose and treat the problem.

When you call the neurologist's office say "I have been in pain for over 6 weeks and really would appreciate an appointment as soon as possible". Otherwise the receptionist may slot you in sometime in 2019 and you don't want that.

You want to solve the problem NOW.

See your GP or Primary Care Physician for a referral to the neurologist. Skip the physio. You have a serious issue that needs a physician's attention. 6 weeks is too, too long for this to fester.

Good luck.

• Posted

I was suffering from Neck Pain too over a period of 2 months than some one in my family suggested me to go for a stem cell therapy, so i consulted a doctor in New York, he guided me with the procedure and had it done now i am free from pain finally. I would suggest you to go for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.