Neck pain

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone experienced neck pain?  I've had neck pain for about 6 weeks now - I've just lived with it and now it moves to my head and sometimes I have a pressing feeling in my head and then it goes and kind of tingling in my head.  Beginning to worry it's something serious.  I have put it down to meno.  Yet another symptom I'm experiencing and wondering if anyone else has?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie I too woke up one morning with neckpain and went to chiropractor he did his thing but nothing helped I had massages,I put bio freeze,I slept a million different ways and nothing helped ! That went on for 4 months woke up one morning and it was gone so yes it is peri and it sucks, I had acid reflux out of nowhere and that lasted 8 months again just disappeared no rhyme no reason so do not panic it will subside and hopefully these are all we deal with some ladies have it extremely worse and I wish everyone a quick symptoms free Change.
    • Posted

Thank you Holly - it's reassuring to know this.  Thank god for this forum as doctors look at me blankly.  I have an apt on Thursday as I thought my head was going to explode today but then it goes - these symptoms have their own rythm.  Poor you, that sounds hell.  I had acid reflux too - so badly along with bloating for about 4 months and then it just disappeared. Thank you for your comment.

• Posted

Your very welcome,I luckily found this forum and all these woman have given me peace!!!! The pain in the neck is scary but it will subside I can't say when but save your money I spent a lot to find there is nothing out of place except my hormones you ever want to chat I will always be here I'm on daily.. Have your best day possible......
  • Posted

Yesterday my neck started hurting as if I slept wrong on it, that is what I thought I did sad

• Posted

Yes, I've suffered headaches, neck and shoulder pain on and off for the past few years. Joint pain, acid reflux, irritable bowel, anxiety and panic attacks, fatigue, insomnia are also there.

I feel I've had them so long I can't remember not having them.

Menopause is the pits. I just want it over and done with asap. Sofed up with it all really. Sorry, rant over. 😐

• Posted

We are all in the same boat - it's really hell and I'm not feeling too good today.  Also have a child off sick from school and I'm moving house and I want to stay in bed!  Can't wait for a good day to come along.  Thank you for your comment and hope yr not feeling too bad today x
  • Posted

Hi Sophie.  Yes, neck pain and stiffness is one of my symptoms.  The back of my neck hurts and it sometimes extends up the back of my head and gives me a headache.  When I turn my head I can sometimes feel the bones rubbing.  Have had a ct scan of my head and all looked normal.  I also get joint pain in my left shoulder and knee that will last a week or two and then go away for a few weeks.  Along with intermittent indigestion, dry eyes, headaches and fatigue.  Can't wait until this is over!
    • Posted

Thank you - I'm sorry you have been going thru what I am at the moment but at the same time it's reassuring to know I'm not alone - the wonders of this forum.  I have to say I cannot wait for this to be over - I'm not yet at menopause (just peri) and can see there's a long road ahead - me too - can't wait for this to be over!
    • Posted

Hi tmpearce, iv also been having problems with my neck, I've been bothered with tension in my neck for a long time and the noises when I turn my neck and was always told it was natural wear and tear

However, I've been plagued by dizziness for months and have held my head so rigid I've caused further problems with my neck,just wondering if you've had any dizziness or balance problems caused by neck tension/pain in peri

Hope your having a good day

Brenda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.