Neck pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

So i woke up this morning absolutley fine, i have a 5 month old so made her a bottle fed her then played with her for abit etc. i then laid down to watch tv with her i went to grab something from her cot next to me (on my right hand side) and felt the most excruciating pain in the right side of my neck, it came out of nowhere i djdnt pop anything or move my head to quick. it sometimes hurts even when i dont move i csnt turn to my right and i cant move my head backwards its so very painful. ive taken paracetemol and ibuprofen but the pain isnt getting any better its getting worse if anything. i feel very drained because of it and the pain is also making me nauseous. can anyone help enlighten me on whats going on? its been like it since half 10 this morning it is now 20 to 9 at night. i appreciate any feedback thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Where in your neck is the pain? Does it travel anywhere else when you try and move your neck, like your shoulder?

• Posted

no it doesnt travel, its on my right side above my shoulder in the centre. its now starting to hurt when i turn my head left. i can now feel a little lump. but that doesnt really hurt if i press it, and it moves.

• Posted

that sounds like a bursa, put an ice pack wrapped up with a cloth on it. Then try some ibuprofen gel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.