NECK PAIN/ACHE WITH HEADACHES & other stuff

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

for the last week I have had neck ache and pain which has been causing headaches and when I lie down I go light headed and when I get up is the same. Just really want to know what this is, my headaches feel like Tension headaches mainly around the front and around my left eye. any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nay

I went to my doctor with the same symptoms as you. At first I was told pinched nerve in neck, the second time I was told a pulled muscle. I saw another doctor and he sent me for xrays on my neck and spine. I was referred to a rheumatologist who diagnosed early osteoarthritis in my neck and spine probably brought on by forward head posture due to sitting at a computer all day at work. This is becoming common apparently. I also went to ENT because of the dizziness, I also get tinnitus, but after my consultation and some tests all they said was it was probably all caused by my osteoarthritis in my neck.

I'm not saying you have any of these, it could just the same be anxiety because that causes those symptoms too or it could be tension headaches as you suggested. It may be worth seeing your doctor for peace of mind.😊

• Posted

Thankyou so much for that. I have an appointment with a doctor next week, thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

• Posted

Hi Eliamie

My rheumatologist referred me for physiotherapy, I was given exercises to do to strengthen the muscles in my neck, these can be found online. I was also given a prescription for Capsaicin cream to rub in. I just take otc painkillers and will hold out for as long as possible before going on anything stronger. For the dizziness and tinnitus I was given Cinnarizine.

To be honest the physo made my dizziness worse, the cream had little effect neither did the Cinnarizine.

I use a warm wheat bag which helps and I buy otc creams to rub in. I do chin tucks. Keeping moving is better than lying around although this can be exhausting. I've tried special pillows too, not for me though. I use ordinary pillows and find a comfortable position. I'm also more conscious of my posture. I get good and bad days. The cold weather makes it worse so I wear a scarf, even in the house.😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.