Neck pain after having a migraine for 2 days!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi all... so I Experienced my first migraine, that lasted 2 days... and took 2 days to find a good pain reliever. my head is better but now I WOKE UP with extreme neck pain in my right side. IT hurts extremely when I TURN my head. it is relieved when Im not moving my head but does every now and then give me a achey feeling still. I WAS thinking maybe a pulled muscle but.... I was stupid and looked it up... and I read that Migraines can cause a TORN ARTERY IN THE NECK!! WHICH of course causes strokes and makes my vicous cycle start all over and puts me into over drive. IM scared to death and not sure if its true and need to be seen by the er. IVE had the shakes all day, which isnt normal. please help me! Any advice would be very kind!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have had migraines for years. I have had leftover neck pain from a migraine. Find a good neurologist. MRI found cervical weaknesses on my neck. It does take 24-48 hours for leftover pain to go away in extreme casesBotox injections are being considered to stop my pain. to loosen my tight neck muscles . Therapy helped a lot but tightens back up when insurance stopped paying. My tendons are sore most of the time. It might not be an artery. Strained muscles hurt a lot. IMITREX works for my pain most times but it does not for others. There are many medications for relief. Neurologist have experience with this pain. I hope you find relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.