Neck pain after surgery..5 years later ? Anyone else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.I was diagnosed with cervical degeneration of spine 5 years ago.Had ACDF surgery 2012 and last June slipped disc in lower back and had surgery again. Am waiting for appointment at hospital but no luck so far.Wondering if anyone else has gone through this.Also suffer from G.A.D and health worry is an issue.Been on cocodamols for years now 😥😢

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

No surgery yet for me the pain I'm having is so so bad the weird thing I go to pain management and the want to start decreasing the mess from me wow this is so mess up I asked why they said it's the rule government I don't no if this is true or if they are just trying to get rid of me please help if anyone knows if this true thanks

• Posted

Hi Michelle

How long have you had neck pain and why can't they try surgery? I found surgery helped me at first but think it's getting worse again now so am desperate for my MRI .Also which country are you living in?

• Posted

I can't have surgery for a year cause I had a heart attack in feb of this year my heart doctor doesn't want me to do surgery cause of the new meds I had this pain for a month now they want me to do therphy for 6 weeks first then mri I'm also afraid of surgery but I'll do if I have to I'm in pa

• Posted

So sorry to hear that you had heart attack. Dear Michelle I pray for your recovery soon.Go by what the consultant thinks is right.Get yourself better.Take pain medication and try therapy.I know how awful it is.And it causes anxiety. I hope you get through this.You will and can 💪 Be strong.Ive been in lowest place and am better mentally. Although neck is a worry.

• Posted

Thank you very much I'm still after to go thru with therphy without mri when it comes to ur spine neck anyone feel that I'm right on this? Thanks for the nice words

• Posted

Hey.Thats ok.I think you need to get MRI though.Ive just been looking at videos of the surgery I had and am wondering why I'm getting nerve pain when had ACDF surgery.I'm so tired and anyone who gets constant neck pain knows how upsetting and worrying it is.😥🤕😢 I thank God I'm alive though so must stop moaning

• Posted

Hey Amanda...

I completely understand what you are going through.

I've had 11 fusions, my neck is fused

from C1-C-7, T1-T3, L3-4, L4-5 & L5-S1. It's been a very hard road.

I have had & still have so much pain & many other problems. Hope you get help soon.

• Posted

Hi there.So sorry took so long to reply.Haven't been on site for months.I wonder how you have coped with 11 fusions? You mention you are still in pain.I have my hospital appointment this Thursday. Do you think surgery has helped or hindered you.I hope you are healing now and in less pain.I'm worried because pain is constantly there and think more discs have degenerated. Do I have more surgery or just stay on painkillers the rest of my life? I'm middle aged.Are you Glad you went ahead and had surgery? Hope your better now x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.