Neck pain and Chest Numbness Now I am worried to death

Posted , 2 users are following.

Okay, so I have Barrett's Esophagus and I was diagnosed about two months or so ago. I have been doing what I can to stay on top of all my symptoms and keep acid down which I feel I have been doing great with. BUT all of the sudden I have had a slight bit of pain in my neck around my adams apple and the very top of my chest above my breasts is just a little numb feeling, not numb to the touch really but just a sensation where I feel it especially if my shirt rubs on it. I also have had a new type of pain in my left side just a little bit of dull pain that's there most all of the time but not all the time. I guess it helps when I release gas which is what I amounted the pain in my stomach to. 

I am just going absolutely crazy about this and I don't know if it is because of my esophagus or what. I don't want cancer and I am just so worried about it turning to cancer I can't even function almost.

Any ideas? Thanks. 

PS: I don't have any trouble swallowing it doesn't seem, or things getting caught.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

This is going to sound REALLY stupid but after a BIT of experimenting at home I have realized I have grown some hairs further up my chest. The rubbing of my shirt on these newer hairs have began to upset them and make a kind of lesser rubbing feeling. I have noticed that without a shirt on my chest feels much better, however I am still getting LPR or something to upset my throat.
  • Posted

Hi I don't think your symptoms will be associated with your Barrets as it is symptomless and they would have noticed anything suspicious on the scan you had recently.... I doubt if a cancer develops that quick. I have Barretts and am prone to oesophageal ulcers as well as the reflux which is controlled by lanzoprazole , and when there is an ulcer I do get chest/ back pain and then I up my medication till it is calmed down. I am not happy with my situation , of course, and am still considering an operation to repair the hernia and tighten my sphincter muscle, but I am a bit afraid of that, and will wait till my next scan to see if my barretts area has enlarged , or the cells have changed. Just keep an eye on your symptoms and mention to the doctor... Probably is something else , but I do understand that it is natural to associate

everything with barretts and worry about cancer. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.