Neck pain and dizziness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Recently I have been experiencing very bad neck pain near the top of my spine off to the left. I haven’t been able to relieve it with and pain medication. 

Today I went to a hockey game and spent most of it with my neck turned to the left. I found I kept very dizzy the longer I turned my head and ended up with a very bad headache. 

The pain also started shooting down my shoulder and arm.. 

Anyone know what this could be? Should I get an X-ray?

Tim

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I get this too but without the dizziness. I go to sleep on a thin lumbar roll. The only thing I have found that works is heat - hence a hot water bottle. Let me know how you get on. I would like relief too. Rgds Bob
  • Posted

Have your heart checked out,  have you had any other symptoms?  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.