Neck pain and pain at back of head

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all.

For the past 6 (or so) months, I have been suffering from pain which starts from the base of my neck, and sometimes it travels to the back, and top of my head all on the left hand side. I sometimes have a cracking noise in my neck when I turn my head. Added to this, I occasionally have a feeling of oppressiveness emanating from the back of my head when I stand up from the sitting position, and I feel as if I am about to pass out (as yet I haven't) I am due to see my GP on Monday, I just wondered whether anyone else has suffered with similar symptoms, and if so what was the outcome? John K

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi John,

I'm very sorry to hear about the neck problems you have, but to be honest all the symtoms you've described make your problem sound exactly the same as mine.

A few weeks ago I was sent for an X- ray on my neck and diagnosed with degeneration of the cervical part of the spine. The creaking of the neck is where, for me, some of the vertabrae are fused together, in other words, it's arthritis with those.

I'm in the middle of having more tests done to see if it's gone further down the thorax.

I'm so pleased you're going to your Dr and wish you the very best. Do please let us know how you get on.

Sue

• Posted

HI john, I was reading your post and let me telling you I have exactly symptoms that you have, I will try to describe my symptoms and how I got it to the point I am about 90% better, my c5,6,7 slightly compress and spur, pain at base of the neck and travel up behind skull, very stiff neck and feel light headed, also feel passed out but never did,my elbows,and both feet angkle, always aching and burning sensation,don't sleep well too, how to fix your problem, first I would suggest that you get complete blood work done include check vitamins calcium, all that, xray ,ultra sound on your neck, please try that and please post and let people see and hopefully someone may be able to help

• Posted

Hmm could it be arthritis at all,? That's what it sounds like to me My strength in my hands has gone & can't open tight bottles I felt really sick when I broke my pelvis because I've never broken a bone in my life so feel for you lots

Hope u got the answers you want from your GP

• Posted

i have stiff neck my head feels weird its like have no energy even though i slept i wake up feeling light headed not sure if its go to do do with the weather

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.