Neck pain, jaw numbness, and sharp pain in (left) ear post Hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I'm not sure if this is related but wanted to throw this out there to anyone who's had the surgery. I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy done (all taken but one left ovary). The healing process was going ok.

Suddenly on week 6 post surgery, I started feeling a sharp pain in my left ear and my jaw was intermittently going numb and tingling. I made an appointment with my dentist for fear a tooth was infected, but this was not the case. I've been since going to see a chiropractor, massages, and daily stretching and it somewhat subsided and suddenly this week, week 17! post surgery it came back with a vengeance.

I have no idea if this is related to the surgery - if because for at least 8 weeks I could only sleep on my back and not able to regularly stretch and exercise during the recovery period. I was also working from home on a laptop which probably isn't great either. But just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar or am I dealing with a totally different issue?

I am just so sick of being sick and in pain. Dealing with horrible period pains for years, then surgery recovery. That finally brought relief but now this!!!

Any feedback would be appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you should see your primary and probably and ent soon.

• Posted

I would not think this has anyt to do with yiur hysterectomy.. it's a completely different area to yiur surgery.

sounds like ear infection or even may need ears washed out due to over produce of wax may be?

I would book to see your gp hun.

• Posted

Hi Kl

I was wondering how you feeling? Did you go and see your gp? Did he find out what the issue was? Let us know dear.

Tams

• Posted

Thank you tasmin00119 for asking. Yes I did see him and it was an odd visit. He thinks it might be anxiety. The ear/jaw pain and numbness is definitely different than anxiety pain I've felt before so I'm not sure but no ear infection or wax as someone else had suggested. He prescribed me anxiety meds that made me sick so I stopped taking them. Hopefully it will go away soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.