Posted , 1 user is following.
I'll try to be brief and hope that someone out there can help me understand:
I've had periodic issues of neck pain and subsequent "ear issues" since, to be best of my memory, since 2010 or 2011. The progression of my issue is this:
1) I'll get a SORE NECK, around back, just under skull, and often radiating into shoulders;
2) I'll hear a LOW ROAR IN MY LEFT EAR and have tenderness at the "hinges" of my jaws.
3) The "ear static" will go on for anywhere from a few weeks to a few months, and then basically go away
The tinnitus isn't so bad that I'm suicidal. In the left ear it's a low hum or roar, like when you're yawning, and this comes and goes with the neck pain. In the right ear I have a basically permanent high-pitched tone that gets bad/noticeable only when I'm having this overall issue with the neck and jaw.
So, to recap:
* Neck and referred shoulder pain
* Tender jaw
* Low roar/hum in left ear
* Permanent high-pitched tone in right ear
* Right ear also gets stuffy or "blocky"
* No loss of hearing
One last thing: When these "bad spells" are beginning, when the neck pain first comes on, I'll feel unsteady here and there. Not dizzy or vertigo per se, but I'll feel unsteady for a second or two a few times a day, like for a moment someone smacked me on the back of the head.
The right ear thing I easily live with, but the left ear HUM/ROAR can be very annoying.
Can anyone help me understand what's happening? I've seen a hearing specialist and my hearing is great. Chiropractor tried to palm me off with a series of massage sessions but I'm not interested. I want EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE and FACTS, not massages.
0 likes, 0 replies