Neck pain symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

ive been dealing with neck problems for going on 2 months now. It started out as discomfort and mild pain in my spine, probably C1-C2 area and would occasionally result in a headache by the afternoon time. I could manage it with Aleve but it came back everyday. As time went on my headaches became worse and I started experiencing pressure in my ears, sinuses, and throat and tightness/tingling in my jaw. The headaches are mainly concentrated at the back and base of my head. That pressure would come and go but always seemed to be at its worst in the afternoon after being active all day. I can get some relief from the pressure with rest, gentle message and ice/heat on my neck. I can never get the pressure to completely go away however. It's usually less bothersome in the mornings but gets worse throughout the day. I can seem to handle the neck pain but the intense pressure it seems to be causing in the rest of my head is what's the worst. It makes it hard to function and think clearly. I have seen the doctor on a few occasions about this. So far I have tried an antibiotic with no relief and am just finishing up a steroid, prednisone. The steroid has helped some but symptoms are still there. Anyone else have similar symptoms or help me understand what's going on?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have several of those symptoms and I'm told it's musculoskeletal and has to do with tension and stress in the neck. I'm seeing a physical therapist. I have issues with my neck, sinuses, back of head, side of head, collarbones and I notice it gets worse with stress. Do you notice a difference when you are stressed. Could it be tension? I was also seeing a chiropractor for awhile and that was helping but I stopped seeing him due to other issues.

• Posted

I have the same issue in the beginning my headaches were Controllable now nothing touches them I like you use heating pads and ice packs chiropractor said it's my c1 jammed into my occiput have you tried chiropractor yet?

• Posted

Yea I got that and more ... but no clear solution after 5 doctors 

Curious ... if you let your head hang over the bed ( while on your back ) let your muscles go limp... listen and feel if your head cluncks, or clicks out.  Then tense your neck muscles and see if it slams or clunks back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.