Neck pain which radiates to shoulders, back and head??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, so for years now i have had chronic neck pain which will radiate to my shoulders, upper back and up to the back if my head. I often wake up with a sore back and then during the day all the pain will start to occur. Its like a throbby electic shock feeling which just turns to a numb ache after a while. I know i have poor posture and have been putting it down to this and not going to the doctors but i fear at only age 20 it may get worse. I try and stand straight and have good posture but it hurts even more. The back of my neck/top of my spine is very prominent and can be described as "swollen looking" and hunched. Its not only painful but looks awful and is affecting my daily life as i even had to be off work last week with neck and back pain. Does anyone have any advice or help on what i should do and whether this pain is just down to bad posture at such a young age. Thank you!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Chloe, I can relate to your problems, my pain was resulted because of improper sleeping posture, can I ask how well do you sleep? Do you feel tired after you wake up? Do you feel pain in a specific area when you wake up? Thank and I hope you get well soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.