Neck & Shoulder Pain / Pain Killers

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else experiences severe neck and shoulder pain relating to UC and also what strong pain killers people take?  Paracetamol doesn't do anything and now getting to the point there i can't sleep. :-( 

Thanks in advance. 

Carrie  

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carrie

its my experience, after 6 years suffering from UC, is that it affects most parts of the body! I deal with joint pain when at it's worse by using Tramadol along with Paracetamol. Many believe Tramadol to be addictive but so long as you are sensible in its use, it can be so helpful! I limit myself to one or two daily when pain is bad, and I have got to know when to take it and when not! My consultant once told me that pain will cause me more damage than Tramadol ever will! Talk to your doc and maybe give it a try. Good luck!

• Posted

I have chronic right shoulder and neck pa in for which I have fortnight my physiotherapy. Been scanned and told its improvement but I have never thought that it might be linked to my UC?
    • Posted

Impingement.....not improvement...
  • Posted

Sadly, UC is an autoimmune disease and it can cause a reactive arthritis.  See your doctor and get referred to a rheumatologist if necessary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.