Neck, shoulders and spine cracking

Posted , 3 users are following.

My lower back is quite painful most of the time (I fell on my coccix 15 years ago) and at night it pops and cracks constantly. My neck and shoulders also crack quite a lot too. I had SPD through both of my pregnancies, last year and 4 years ago. I have a misaligned kneecap (both popped a number of years ago while cycling) which hurts a lot now plus my left foot keeps locking. Is there a chance there could be one issue causing all of this? My gp has sent me to physio for my knee but I was told my arches needed support which is why my kneecap had shifted. No one has said if this is linked to my back and exercises haven't helped any of it. If I go back to the gp what area should I aim to get treatment for? Everything hurts and nothing seems to help. I walk around 20 miles a week so I'm fairly active but still no relief from the pain.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried chiropractic treatment?

I also had SPD with my first pregnancy and get a lot of pain in my pelvis when I havnt been to see my chiro for a while, I believe that lower back pain aggravates this area (in my opinion). 

My chiro is great and has taught me a lot over the years, I have a lot of issues with all 3 areas of my spine and when one area is under stress it has a domino effect on the rest of the spine if left un treated, you may need a few treatments to begin with as your problems have been going on for some time.

You could also try acupuncture as I think the 2 treatments work well together along with physio, I hope this helps😊

• Posted

nonproblem just make sure you find a good one, good luck I hope it works for you😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.