Neck, shoulders and tension head ache pains.

Posted , 16 users are following.

Is it associated with perimenopause, I'm getting neck pains, tension headaches, shoulder pains. Have booked an appointment to see my di tro tomorrow. I am not sleeping much lately. Some days I crash out as soon as I go to bed, some days I toss and turn, no sleep.ive had so many peri symptoms, congested chest with flu like symptoms, reflux,  dry mouth but tested negative for diabetes, heart palpitations, panick attacks in my sleep.blurry visions, brain fog, now it's this new symptoms, migraine and tension like headache accompanied by dull ache shoulder and neck pain. Scalp pains, 

is anyone having this problem or should I go for an X-ray...

not sure what to do, I spend a fortune on doctors visits.

any replies would be much appreciated to know I'm not suffering alone...

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've been experiencing this also and have been doing a lot of research on this and talking to older cousins that have experienced this already. I've discovered my blood pressure is up and the root if one of my cousins was sugar. She's lost weight and had high blood pressure. She cut out sugar for a month but continued to eat fruits which naturally have sugar. But within a week her blood pressure went down, she never used salt only in cooking things that already had salt and she never really ate breads, cakes or pastries. Today is day one for me, I'm going to cut out sugars, sodas, breads, and foods containing gluten. It'll cut out a lot of foods but its something that needs to be done. Living off of salads, fish, chicken, turkey and plenty of fruits and vegetables. I'm going to test this theory to see if sugar is the route to all evil lol. As being in menapause I've gained at least 15 pounds as I used to be very energetic and somewhat in good shape prior to menapause. Menapause really changed my life and has taken a lot from me but now I'm determined to take it back. I hope this helps you a bit. 

• Posted

Hi there Spelexilh -wondering if this helped you?  Experiencing the same -- sheesh.  Debilitating stuff.  Looking fora answers, too, and I've read that removing sugar removes a lot of these symptoms.  Curious if it worked for you!   Thanks smile

• Posted

Hi Kadija. Your symptoms sound very familiar. I too suffer from shoulder, neck pain, headaches in addition to all the other symptoms. I think these symptoms sound very much like Peru menopause symptoms as I think I've read on here quite a few women suffering from similar symtpoms. This peri is so traumatic. I can't believe how bad I feel. Some days I just want to stay in bed and cry.......we can just try to deal with one day at a time. Wish you better

• Posted

When I suffered with the neck pain is was so horrible that I gave up sewing.  But a friend mentioned massage.  Not being one for massage (personal space thing along with not liking people touching me because I have this 'pain' all over with any kind of pressure that I have had most of my life) I ordered a personal pulse massager and started using it.  It really did the trick for me.  

• Posted

I have everything you just described. I have been in perimenopause for about a year now. I feel like I get something new every day. this past month it has been neck pain and upper shoulder and arm pain. i havent had a period in two months, hopefully I am getting closer to all of this been gone! Good luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.