Neck Sorness

Posted , 4 users are following.

As i had previously posted i have had mono about 1.5 months and my neck nd joints (mostly hand area ) are still sore is neck sorness normal this far out and how long should i expect it

thanks guys this page helps a lot

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

im almost 9 months in with this virus and still have soreness in my neck and legs...it can be different for everyone though idk how to tell when a symptom will go away but its normal to still be feeling that way with aches and pains expecially towards the beginning of it

• Posted

Hi Wyatte,

Really sorry to hear that you're having these issues with your joints and neck. I remember when I went through mono I also had issues with my joints, this can be a very common symptom for some people going through mono, and again want to reassure you that things will get better with time.

I wish there was a definitive answer that could given as to how long these symptoms last - everyone seems to recover at their own rate from mono, some recover quicker than others, but please be assured that with time and appropriate rest (please prioritise this - get rest and remove stress and put yourself first, your body really needs proper time to recover from this and be kind to yourself, even if it means taking time off work, studies, etc) you will get better, truly you will.

It is such a horrible virus Wyatte and just as I do with Katelyn just want you to know that I'm thinking about you and to remind you to hang in there, just take one day at a time as I know how draining and tough it can be to get through a single day feeling how you do in that first month or two of the virus - this is the worst part by far and the intensity will lessen with time and you will get better. I know it was only down to God's mercy and healing I was able to get through it and get better, it did take a bit of time though - remember God is the great healer and I believe He will get you through it.

Message any time Wyatte, this is a really good forum here! Thinking about you and hoping you can get some rest and this weekend is more stable.

Craig

• Posted

thank you SO much Craig you have helped me reassure myself all this is normal as i had began to over think it i guess outta just pure fear i truly do appreciate it!

• Posted

Oh you're welcome Wyatte, I just remember how awful and horrible it was to go through this virus myself and how terribly worried and frightened I was too - please be assured things will get better, I know it doesn't help when in the midst of it right now always I know, but hang in there and keep trusting God, He will get you through this I totally believe that.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.