Neck stiffeness

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been having neck stifness for couple of month is this due to air pressure or is the humidity outside .its like your head crushing in and getting tighter , i cant move my neck its get too stiff and sleep either .please help anyone .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

is it possible you could grind your teeth? This is a common cause of neck pain and as a lot of people do it when they sleep they may not even realise they do it. Have you been stressed more in the last couple of months? Or gone on any new medication like antidepressants?

• Posted

im not on any medication .but last couple of months ive had stomach that probably stressed me out .i dont know if i grind my teeth at night

• Posted

do you find that your teeth are more sensitive to hot or cold foods or drinks? do you get a click or pop sensation when you chew? These are 2 telltale signs of teeth grinding. The other way you can tell is by seeing your dentist as they can usually tell, although I am not sure if non urgent dentist appointments are available at the moment. It could just be that you are carrying your tension in your neck and shoulders. try to have a hot bath before bed to relax your muscles in your neck, also look up neck stiffness exercises, it is important to keep your neck moving. Put a hot water bottle on it or you can buy microwavable neck wraps to ease the pain. Also be aware of your posture even when you relax because this can affect the discomfort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.