Neck tension, Neck pain and off balance

Posted , 19 users are following.

Hi ladies, I would like as many ladies as possible to let me know if they are or have experienced neck pain, tension, stiffness and feel they could fall over when standing up, worse when standing still or bending down

I'm getting really frustrated with doctors, nurses and other women I know in peri/Meno saying these symptoms are unrelated to the menopause

I'd like to hear from anyone who's having a similar experience

Thanks xx

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, have these symptoms neck pain bad. Off balance, head feeling odd, serious body pain especially between my shoulder blades. I have chf because of chemo 7yrs ago. How long does
  • Posted

Hi,

The worry, anxiety and frustration that goes with trying to figure why you're not feeling well can cause a lot of problems me mentally. I totally feel for you.

For the last 4-5 years I have felt horrible. I started menopause in late 2018 and its just been a nightmare for me, as everything hurts, my neck, jaws, back, knees, ankles, twitching in my eyes, and it cause a lot of anxiety and panic attacks. I do get dizzy at times and all i want to do is sleep, but at night i have insomnia.

I noticed my body was changing about 7 or so years ago, I just wasn't the same, and it really started to scare me.

Anyway, definitely get you blood work done along with Vitamin D and B12 levels. Get all your female tests done. Do all this to rule out anything. Also, have them check your heart, such as calcium score and ekg. just do this to be sure. If you have done some or all of this that is great!

Next, are you getting enough exercise, the right foods, enough sleep, keeping your mind fresh? If you have memory issues ask your doctor for a CT scan or MRI to see if there is any graying in your brain...it might sound silly but it can help demenia related issues.

Stay positive and keep away from negative situation or people as they only will make you feel worse.

I hope you feel better. I have to work on myself every minute of everyday. Also, don't be afraid to discuss any anxiety you might have with your doctor. There is no shame in asking for or taking medication for anxiety.

• Edited

I've had the rocking/dizzy/swaying sensation for 9 months now and I'm about 2 years postmenopause. Everyone (including all docs) say it's anxiety related.

Well, get this: Today I woke up at 8 a.m. The rocking sensation was gone.

Then I managed to sleep a little longer (I was lucky) until 9:30 a.m. When I woke up, the rocking/dizzies were back. That makes no sense. If it's anxiety related, then why would it start up again after I got MORE sleep??

I seriously think it has to do with the different meno chemicals + mood shifts that go on in the brain - and I already know there's no rhyme or reason to it.

So frustrating

I have a neck pillow too.. right side of neck feels tight some days, but doesn't coincide with the rocking dizzies.

I am learning not to care.

I've seen enough docs.

Good luck to you. xx

• Posted

I have the unsteady feeling! No neck problems though.

Did yours improve over time?

• Posted

I have this off balance feeling at times to. I can not for the life of me pin point what sets it off. Have had an MRI of my head which was all good thankfully and had balance testing last August and the results were fine. ENT have suggested vestibular migraine but am still waiting on a follow up and treatment. It's a horrible feeling and I am thankful that it does seem to dissappear for periods of time. Just wish it wouldn't come back! I do think it is linked to my hormones due to other symptoms I have but trying to get anywhere with doctors seems very difficult. I feel for anyone going through this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.