Nedd help

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

Ok, I was diagnosed with scabies about a year ago. I treated with permethrin and ivermectin and within a few weeks no more rashes. Ever since then I get super paranoid when I itch or get a red bump, it was a horrible month with scabies. My questions is how fast does the infection spread. I have been home for the past 6 days and this morning when I woke up I noticed small pimple like bumps on my arm. Now about 10 hours later there are many pimple like bumps all over my right arm, some on my left arm, a few on my chest, on both my feet, on my left shin, and on my right knee. Could I be reinfected? When I went to bed I noticed no bumps or itchiness, now the bumps are all over and itch. The bumps are in clusters and spread out. I don't see any burrow lines, but I have tattoos covering my whole right arm and that is where the most bumps are.

Thanks for any info

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi there, thank you for your message.  I had been given Permethrin as well.  I put this on as the doctor prescribed, but was told to put it on 7 days later and gave me two tubes.  i had bad itching as well,  When i put this on last Friday, I had an immediate reaction, my hand started to burn and hot itchy spots all over my body.  By Sunday I was in A & E as my hands had blistered and burnt and the blotches were everywhere and  burning.  I had a severe allergic reaction to it.  I was told to take strong antihistimins to reduce the heat in my body.  Today (Wed) I had to go back to the doctors who have now prescribed topical cortiso steroid cream and Fexofenadine tablets,  I have never felt ins o much pain.  PLEASE be careful and ask if they give you more cream if you have had a re-infestation.  I really feel for you.  I hope you have not got it again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.