Need a 2nd aortic valve replacement

Posted , 2 users are following.

Need to know if there has been an improvement to the perimount 2900 aortic valve since 2012

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am not able to ask consultant as will not see him till day before op

• Posted

Why do you need it replaced so soon? Their web site now shows their valves to last for twenty years
    • Posted

It's calcification Derek and I need to know if the valve I have has been improved with a new anti-calcification treatment. The consultant advised the same one my husband says that the consultant said it had been improved but I didn't hear or retain that information and I need to hear it myself there is a very new valve inspiris resilia but no long term data consultant told me when I asked he would advise his mother to get the one he advised me to get

• Posted

Can you not get in touch with his secretary or PA to ask the question?

From their web site:

The PERIMOUNT aortic pericardial tissue valve delivers performance with a proven track record of uncompromised durability up to 20 years in the aortic position1

PERIMOUNT valves are supported by 17 years of proven hemodynamic stability2

Optimum material choice for both tissue and stent because the materials have well-defined and understood properties

Comprehensive design of leaflet shape and stent allow for a precise fit

Integrated processes such as Neutralogic stress-free fixation, tissue thickness measurements, and tissue deflection testing enable the leaflets to be accurately matched

XenoLogiX tissue treatment eliminates up to 98% of phospholipids, a major calcium binding site.*

Good luck with the procedure. I have a different make from yours also fitted in 2012. So far it must be OK as no comments passed after my last echocardiogram in May.

• Posted

Thanks Derek I have seen some of this info my issue is that I don't know if the one I had 2012 was also treated with the same anti calcification which has not worked for me and the inspiris resilia new valve is developed for younger active people supposed to last longer than the ones in operation but on my a hand full done since July 2017 I now have telephone no fo Edwards life sciences but yes I may well email the secretary for an answer thank you so much for your help Helen

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.