Need a bit of encouragement...

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi folks

Feeling a bit down as I've only lost 2lb in the last month and nothing in the last 2 weeks.

I'm fed up of people saying 'you must be doing it wrong' and I don't want to see my doctor because he said that the times it doesn't work is when people decide they can just go ahead and eat more fat because they are on the tablets. He's not going to believe me when I tell him I've been on 1,200 - 1,400 calories per day, going to the gym 3 times per week, aerobics class, walking, cycling etc.

It's hard doing this with a binge eating disorder where you eat to punish yourself. I'm at the point of saying what's the point? I may as well just eat the bloomin' cake, and then another slice, and another one.

Sorry to offload - I know many of you may have had feelings like this. I don't want to just give up, I just feel so frustrated. If this doesn't work I don't see how I'm ever going to lose weight.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You'll be putting muscle on by exercising so much as muscle is heavier than fat, why don't you try taking measurements instead of weighing yourself? 

Have you tried any therapy like cbt for your eating disorder?  I've read that it can really help. 

At the end of the day, weight loss is hard. Sometimes loads comes off, sometimes it doesn't but it's a process that won't happen overnight!

Do you eat processed food at all? The types of calories we eat can help or hinder

Just keep plodding on and you'll get there smile

• Posted

Don't feel bad u will get there it will rake time I have had roughly between 9-14g if fat a day for the first week n haven lost anythin I have gained a few lb no idea y 
  • Posted

mate i feel that same as you. what is the point
  • Posted

Erm???? Mr Noodles!!!!

Daisy is giving you a very old fashioned look! rolleyes

And a big HUG! eek

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hello there roodles, don't worry about offloading, think that's what this forum is for, so we can all give each other support. I know how you feel about the binge eating, I still have issues with understanding how people don't want to eat all the time lol! but I realise this is my demon. I felt a bit like you the other day, my scales said I hadn't lost much and I was due my first weigh in. So two days ago I ate a KFC :-( I know cardinal sin or what. To be honest spent most the night on and off the loo so wasn't as great as I thought it would be and tasted really really greasy lol! Anyways I had my first weigh in and I've lost a stone toot toot! 

One thing I did change is that a close friend of mine said that 1200 - 1500 is a very low diet intake! It can cause your body to go into starvation mode. So she suggested the more I exercise the higher I should take the calories but only up to 1800 - 2000. 

I don't know how true that is because I haven't tried it yet. But perhaps you should talk to the nutritionist at the surgery and see what they may recommend. 

Overall don't give up... giving up means you'll NEVER get there, you made yourself the way you are... therefore you can do it again and reach your goal. 

Stay strong. 

Shazzbat :-)

• Posted

Unless you're doing a couple hours of exercise a day, if you go up to 2000 you'll put weight on. 1200 cals a day is generally the lowest you can go without putting yourself into starvation mode, but as long as you're eating regularly on a lower intake your metabolism will stay up.

Say that a cookie is 300 calories and an hour run burns 150. Weightloss is 80% diet and 20% exercise 

• Posted

Absolutely agree with senoki all that exercise and you will be gaining muscle as well which does weigh more than fat and I would say that taking your measurements maybe a better idea than weighing yourself. 
  • Posted

Roodles don't give Your doing fab.

My 1st I lost just over a stone next 2 weights think it was about another 7lb .

We all lose weight at different speeds .

How long have you been in them?

How much have you lost so far ?

I look at it 22lb since end of May , maybe slower than other people , slow and steady ! That's my speed.

So celebrate what you have lost , just think what you would be like without the tablets . 

Feeling down = surgar foods crips ect 

Instead you have reached out to all us . 

Ask yourself what are your aims &goals 

This is not a diet it's a new way of eating . 

Keep happy we are all here for your down days xxx

• Posted

Thanks for all your encouragement. I feel a bit brighter this-morning, despite having stepped on the scales and found I've put on 4 lb in the last 2 weeks.

I've had lost 10lb in 2 months so really slow anyway but a steady loss of 1lb a week I can cope with.

I've been talking to my gym instructor about it and he said that even with polycystic ov syndrome I'm still not eating enough calories so I've upped it to 1,600 ish the last few days.

I have lost about 10cm from my waist so it is doing me good really.

As for muscle, I'm not new to exercise and am pretty muscly anyway, but I have just re-joined the gym which is a different sort of exercise to what I've been doing for the last 3 years. I guess I'm working different muscles.

We'll see what the next week holds.

Thanks again all

• Posted

Seriously throw the scales away, just stick to measurements if it's getting you this down because you'll just demotivate yourself. 

Your doc can still weigh you but ask them to get the tape measure out too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.