Need a bit of reassurance

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi ladies.I'm now almost 6 month post op rectoenterocele ssf .I'm experiencing rectal pressure and feeling sore inside virgina. I was told op went well when GP examined me a few weeks ago.has any of you ladies ever had this feeling.appreciate your comments.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret,

I had my operation 12 months ago to be exact and can't say that procedure was a success.

It decreased the sensation that something is about to drop but the feeling of some pressure trying to escape (frightening really) is still there. It's not as bad as it used to be prior to the surgery but needless to say, it is still there and 100% correction is not there. My only adivise is to wait and see and hopefully, MIRACLES OR GOOD THINGS MAY HAPPEN.

Ethelynne

• Posted

thanks Ethelynne for your reply I didn't get the soreness or the virginal pressure before the surgery so much as I do now . pelvic and lower back pain have improved .bowels are still a problem though.

.I'm doing pf exercises .guess I'm getting to old to make much of an improvement. (70) never mind.got 5 lovely kids 5 grandchildren.could be a lot worse.hope you continue to feel some benefit from your surgery.take care.x

• Posted

Hi margaret

I would make an appointment with your surgeon for peace of mind as he did your surgery.

Not always do these repairs last unfortunately and need to be redone.

This is what I do if I've got any worries. I'm 12 months out of anterior repair and vaginal hysterectomy.

My first repair failed after 3 weejs9 and I did nothing but rest for 8 wks so it does happen.

I have a new prof of Urogynacology so in best if hands.

Good luck with your decision

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.