Need a coffee substitute!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Right, my IBS is terrible when it comes to coffee. But I need it to wake up, but I also have to deal with maybe a hour or so of diarrhea, but this isnt always, it's a bit of a gamble really. But I don't want to gamble , what can I drink as a substitute??? For energy???

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

5 hour energy, perhaps vitamins such as b12. Diet pills, vivrin, I've been told Tea actually has more caffeine than coffee.  I've also heard eating an apple can give the same burst of energy as coffee.  It kinda depends on how far you want to go.  

• Posted

Hi jake, I can totally understand as I also need some caffeine to kick start my day...I usually prefer black tea, Well I make it with milk so it is diluted and helps me to stimulate my brain, well tea has mild laxative effect, so be cautious when you have diarrhea..
  • Posted

Trying green matcha low fodmap from Casa De Sante - so far so good... Relaxes me too. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.