Need a friendly ear

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

This is the first admission I have ever made to anybody that I have a problem with alcohol. 

I started drinking around aged 15 but whilst my friends were having fun, I was constantly just going too far. 

I have a good job and a good relationship but my thoughts are often on drinking. Last night I behaved in a way I was disgusted by. 

If anyone could have a chat/advise it would be appreciated 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

All of us who have been on here have felt like this from time to time....more often than not! There is help out there. It is 1:49 am at the moment so I don’t want to get too deep into a discussion as a I definetly won’t sleep....haven’t fallen asleep yet. There is hope. If you want to discuss what you did privately then private message me. I am sure you will get replies as soon as people see your post. In the meantime take care and keep asking and posting on here! X

• Posted

Hi Rosey,

Feel free to PM me.

K.

• Posted

Hi rosey we are here for the same reason you can pm if needed x
  • Posted

How many years drinking? Any breaks during the week? Units per week? Always looking for the next drink at home or out? I was like that and finally stopped since it was destroying my health and family 😩

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.