Need a good Anxiety book to read

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please share your views, if any, on a book which will help to control my anxiety. Im sick of feeling ill everyday, need to do something (also on meds Setraline)

Thank you xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

I have an amazing book that I often carry with me when feeling anxious. It's easy to read with images and so true. It is called IT a panic attack guide by Bev Aislett. 

I highly recommend it, it is straight forward but rather reassuring.

B x

• Posted

I have recently finished CBT therapy. Its great because it helps you control your negative and intrusive thoughts. They gave me a lot of good self help guides too for homework. I will send you links to these later. This may help you. You have to do the hard work yourself but its the best way of treating things like anxiety as its a long term fix, rather than just medication which is short term.

I will send you the link later, i am just at wrk atm.

xxx

• Posted

I read this book years ago when a youngster it is by Dale Carnegie and is called how to stop worrying and start living, I think. It was a long time ago.  The irony is he commited suicide but it's a good encouraging book.

Richard

• Posted

Below is the book CBT therapists give patients to read. It covers everything. its great!!.. 

Overcoming Low Self-esteem: Self-help Guide Using..., Fennell, Melanie

xxx

• Posted

Getting Past your past by Francine Shapiro is great but it is best if you think you might like to try EMDR therapy.  It makes so much sense.  I'm currently doing EMDR and I found it helpful to read her book.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.